If you’re one of those people who sleep with your phone under the pillow, you might want to stop.
After a young girl had a lucky escape, West Midlands Fire Service have warned people that it’s a very bad idea to sleep with your mobile under a pillow.
Images show that the phone overheated while the youngster was asleep, burning through her bedding, leaving her very fortunate to escape without injuries.
Do you put your phone under your pillow when you go to bed? Bad idea. pic.twitter.com/CwyoCfrUy2
— WestMidsFireService (@WestMidsFire) August 5, 2015
As well as the risk of causing a fire, studies have shown that keeping your phone close to your head for prolonged periods of time could cause headaches, muscle pain, or, according to some, cancer if it is serious.
Even if you struggle hearing the alarm clock of a morning, don’t be an idiot, just put your phone on the bedside cabinet.