Scandinavian countries are synonymous with great design, excellent temperaments, and beautiful people. But we don’t often think about characteristics that are specific to each country. Norway for example is a absolutely majestic and fascinating place with loads and loads of character.
In fact, it has some of the most beautiful (natural and human made) architecture and landmarks in the world. So much so that it looks like some of these scenes could be from other worlds. Particularly ones with princesses and goblins, trolls, and dragons and so on and so on! From Medieval Stave churches, to traditional 19th century wooden houses (in the Norwegian byggeskikk style), to incredible natural settings defined by mountains and waterfalls, this country is a sight to behold.
Look through these 16 magical photos of fairy tale landscapes in Norway.
1. Aurora Borealis over the small fishing village of Bugoynes.
2. A small structure on the North West coast of Norway.
3. I do believe Snow White lived here at some point…or at least the dwarfs.
4. A valley on the West Coast.
5. Borgund Stave church.
6. The Vindhellavegen, a beautiful road in Norway.
7. A Norwegian barn in Valldal Valley.
8. The Lofoten Islands look like a village out of a fairy tale.
They’re also the home of the world’s most Northerly surf school.